Welcome to Whelprigg House
Whelprigg House is a William IV country house in the Jacobean style situated in the old county of Westmorland, a few miles from the market town of Kirkby Lonsdale. It occupies a prominent position overlooking the Lune Valley and commands some fine views, especially to the West. With its spacious rooms and extensive grounds, it provides the ideal setting for group holidays and for special events.
- Holiday accommodation in the North Wing of the house for groups of up to fourteen.
- Hosting of wedding receptions and other events in the gardens.
- Catering for resident groups and for special events at the house.
- Country pursuits, such as fishing and shooting, by arrangement.
- Close proximity to the Yorkshire Dales and to the Lake District.
Whelprigg House is approached by a magnificent gravelled driveway bordered with mature beeches and oaks. As you get nearer to the house you begin to get an impression of the views to come – of the Lune Valley to the West, and of Barbon Fell behind the house, to the East.
Contact DetailsH.C.F. Bowring, Whelprigg House,
Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria, LA6 2LF
The gardens at Whelprigg House are both well–maintained and delightful. In the spring there are swathes of snowdrops, bluebells and then daffodils. In the summer it is the azaleas and rhododendrons that come into their own. Autumn is marked by the turning leaves of the many oaks, beeches and other tree varieties with which the estate has been planted over the years.
The house itself was built in 1834, with various additions being made in the early 20th Century. It is a grade II listed building and is a member of the Historic Houses Association